Mini Bulldog Newsletter: March 30, 2018
- Dance with Josh Ekblom Mondays K-3
- Dr. Chess Wednesdays 12:30-2:00
- Dance with Josh Ekblom Wednesdays 4th & 5th
- Spring Break M-F, April 2-6
- Terry Kaiura to screen for color blindness Wed., April 11 ~ 9:00
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Thurs., April 12 ~ 8:30
- School Town Hall Meeting Thurs., April 12 ~ 5:30-7:30
- Chris Stellpflug to do dental screenings for K-3 Fri., April 13 ~ 8:45
- May I Be Happy- screening at BSF Sun., April 15 ~ 2:00-4:00
- Purple & Red to CC Aquarium Thurs., April 19 ~ 8:45-3
- Gather & Give Fundraiser at the Engle’s home Fri., April 20 ~ 6:00 pm
- Orange Forum to Oso Flaco Thurs., April 24 ~
- Governing Board Meeting Thurs., April 26 ~ 4:00 pm
Color Blindness Screening
Terry Kaiura (a parent and local opthalmologist) will be screening 2nd grade boys for color blindness on Wed., April 11. If you would prefer that your child not participate in the screening, please reply to this email, or call the office at (805) 595-7169. Thank you.
All are invited to attend and share in the excitement!
Calling All Governing Board Candidates
One Governing Board position (two-year term) for parent representative is open this election year. To run for the Governing Board, candidates should submit to the administrator a 200 word or less statement describing their qualifications and goals and attend at least one board meeting prior to the election. Please submit your statement to Holly Warrick (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or prior to Thursday, April 12. Thank you!
Give & Gather (April 20 @ 6:00) Updates
- JD Project Band will be performing for the evening
- A dessert bar will be included with Haute Skillet catered dinner, and beverages
- RSVP is due for Chef Anna by Tuesday April 10th, 2018
- There is an envelope in the office if you wish to pay with a check to reserve your tickets, or purchase through the eventbrite.com site, Gather & Give
- Double your Donation! A generous donor is matching the first 10K raised, you can make a donation in the envelope if you are interested and can not attend.
- There is a sponsor a staff member ticket for $50- if you would like to purchase.
Ticket sales are due by Tuesday April 10th, 2018
Thanks so much,
Friday, April 13, Chris Stellpflug will be conducting dental screenings for our K-3 grade students. The screenings will start after assembly, and conclude before morning recess. If you would prefer that your child not participate in the screening, please reply to this email or contact the office at (805) 595-7169. Thank you.
“I’m A Fungi; People Really Lichen Me”
Garden Fundraiser T-shirt pre-ordering is now available through April 13th. The shirts are super cute and come in two color choices per style (100% combed cotton). Pre-order forms will come home with your child this week…please look for them. If you did not get one, there are extra copies in the office, or you can ask Mr. Christian. All shirts are $20, and 100% of the proceeds go to our school garden fund. These t-shirts are the only fundraising for our school’s Ag Program and help out tremendously. They make great gifts too!
If you have any questions, that are not answered in the attachments, please contact Natalia.
Bulb Fundraiser for Red & Purple Forum’s Field Trip Fund
Here’s the link to the Spring Bulb/Seed Catalog. It’s full of beautiful offerings and options for a lovely spring:
Feel free to share with friends and neighbors by sharing link via email or social media.
Thanks for your participation!
Betsy and Dena